Food Pantry

The VOAWN Food Pantry is located at 305 Main Street, Lewellen, NE 69147. We are open to the public Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m.

No one in our community should go hungry. Local ministerial groups joined the Volunteers of America Western Nebraska to develop a food pantry over fifty years ago, and support has grown every year.

This year several youth groups held fundraisers to support the food pantry. Churches, clubs, and individuals donated food and money to keep the shelves full as an ever-increasing number of people come for help. Many people live on extremely limited, fixed incomes or try to get by with minimum wage jobs.

Volunteers are critical for the success of the food pantry — driving seventy miles to a food bank, collecting food from supermarkets, and stocking shelves. Many of the people who use the food pantry volunteer their time unloading food and stocking shelves.

Nebraska CSFP Commodities Application

USDA Commodities Application

Anyone is eligible if they require food assistance.

Volunteers bring food from the food bank to the Volunteers of America Western Nebraska food pantry. Donations of time, food, and money make it possible to keep the food pantry full as the number of people who need food assistance increases.

Each year Volunteers of America Western Nebraska provides Christmas Baskets for families in need. Youth groups raise funds and collect food, and church members and community groups donate cash and additional resources. School children volunteer their time to put together Christmas boxes for those in need.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs prohibit discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.