Utility Assistance


Utility assistance for residents of Garden County is provided through Volunteers of America Western Nebraska with funding from the Community Action Partnership of Western Nebraska and the United Methodist Church of Oshkosh. This service is based on federal guidelines for income eligibility. Please note that assistance also depends on the availability of program funding.

Clients need to provide a copy of the utility bill with usage - not just the mail-in stub. Social security numbers and birthdates for all household members will be required.



The State of Nebraska is now accepting applications for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Visit the Emergency Rental Assistance Program page to learn more. The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services Emergency Rental Assistance Program makes available funds to assist Nebraska households, subject to income qualifications, unable to pay rent or utilities due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Nebraska anticipates operating the ERA Program until funding is no longer available from the U.S. Treasury or until September 30, 2022. We encourage you to visit the State of Nebraska’s website at coronavirus.nebraska.gov for more information and how to apply. You may also call the contact center at (833) 500-8810 from Monday to Friday from 8AM to 5PM CT.